Palmerton, Pennsylvania (8 July 2019) – Blue Mountain Resort is hosting Spartan Race, Inc. on July 13th and 14th for their Pennsylvania Super and Sprint weekend. The Pennsylvania Super race was designed to challenge the elite athletes for the U.S. Championship Series.
This is the 8th year that Blue Mountain Resort is hosting Spartan Race, Inc. Providing a picturesque view of the Pocono Mountains, the mountainous terrain makes use of steep slopes and takes racers in and out of the surrounding forest. It has long climbs and quick descents, giving racers a taste of what it is like to climb mountains and the sense of accomplishment when they reach the top. Couple the tremendous climbs with the obstacles, and even the fittest Spartan will feel challenged.
There are several races taking place over the weekend:
- Open House- FREE 4pm-6pm Friday, July 12th
- The Spartan Open House is a chance for newbies and expert Spartans alike to hang out pre-race, practice on obstacles, join a guided obstacle tour with an SGX certified coach, get early access to merchandise, meet new Spartans while soaking up the music and pre-race vibe in festival, and more.
- Spartan Super – Saturday, July 13th
- With a longer distance than the Sprint and more obstacles, the Super offers the ideal blend between distance and speed. Racers will receive a true athletic test with 24-29 Spartan obstacles and 8-10 miles of rugged terrain. Developed as the second race in the Spartan Trifecta, the Super is where racers prove themselves, giving everything they’ve got to face the Beast.
- Hurricane Heat- Saturday, July 13th 5pm
- Spartan Sprint – Sunday, July 14th
- This race is perfect for athletes of all levels; from Spartan first-timers to seasoned racers. The 3-5 Mile Sprint may be the shortest distance, but it packs between 20-23 Signature Spartan Obstacles. Completing the Sprint, racers are 1/3 of the way to the Spartan Trifecta: the ultimate Spartan achievement.
- Kids Race – Saturday, July 13th and Sunday, July 14th
- This race offers two distances for the little Spartans in your life. Based on age, the Kids races have obstacles in them just like the grown-up versions.
Anyone interested in participating in these races can visit www.spartan.com or www.skibluemt.com to sign up.