Pennsylvania is the perfect place for families to find affordable winter fun and create magical memories to last a lifetime. With member ski areas from the Alleghenies to the Poconos you will find countless ways to play together in Pennsylvania. Whether you are looking for a quick weekend getaway to introduce the youngest family members to the slopes or planning a week-long vacation, there are a variety of packages, programs and specials designed to fit every adventure and pocketbook.
Looking for ways to save on a winter family outing? Check out some of these affordable family-friendly options:
- Most resorts have discounted rates for kids 12 and under.
- Children five years of age and under receive a free lift ticket with the purchase of a full price adult lift ticket at participating resorts.
- Fourth and fifth graders can ski or ride for free by signing up for the Snowpass program.
- Midweek skiing and riding is not only usually less than on the weekends but you get less crowded slopes to learn and play.
- Lift ticket, rental, and lesson packages for beginners are a great way to get everything you need for the day and save a few bucks too.
- Groups of 15 or more qualify for discounted rates at many of the resorts.
- Night owls can score big discounts by hitting the slopes for nighttime skiing at select resorts.
Skiing and boarding is a great way to get the kids active in the great outdoors all winter long and develop a life-long passion they can enjoy for years to come. Did you know the best time to teach your child to ski or snowboard is between the ages of 4 and 7? Pennsylvania resorts offer a variety of kid-friendly programs, starting around age three, designed to build self-esteem, while providing a safe and fun learning environment. Programs are based on age and skill level and include single lessons, first-time sessions and month-long adventure camps.